Monday, February 20, 2012

Thing 7: tweet, tweet

slbrooks_coe--This is my twitter account!
So I finally set up a twitter account and I think this is going to be an exciting experience. I was very leary about getting one set up because I always thought it was a waiste of time, but nowI am looking forward to seeing how this works.
I followed a number of people from famous movie stars/singers to family and friends and favorite hobbies: My first person that I followed was Jimmy Fallon, a great comedian who is a favorite of mine..I love watching his late night show every week night.
I followed my sister, who is the editor of the Monticello Express.
I followed Relay for Life for the American Cancer Society because I am a huge advocate for that and I am a team leader for Relay for Life every summer back home.
I followed "The Knot" which is my favorite bridal magazine.
I followed Brad Paisley who is my favorite MALE country artist.
Following the country theme, I followed GAC (Great American Country) to stay up to date with what's going on in the country music world.
I followed my favorite store to shop at, Victoria Secret.
I followed two the Family Christian store and another Christian group.
Lastly, I followed Taylor Swift, who is my favorite FEMALE country artist.

I used to think that twitter was a waste of time and that I didn't need to be a part of it. But after reading the two articles about it, I now see it more as an educational experience and I'm excited to see what comes of it. I used to think it was a waste of time and I never thought I would be one to  get a twitter account. Now I am glad that I created an account. I can see how it would benefit me to keep up on different employers that I am interested in or keep in touch with potential employers. It would be a huge benefit. I think I will continue to tweet but I cannot promise that it will be very often. .

No comments:

Post a Comment