Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Thing 13: Reflection

This blog ended up being more of a learning experience than I expected. I did not think I would learn about so many interesting and intriguing social networking sites. Some of the websites I used I will continue to use, others I may not continue my use with. Regardless, I did learn a lot and I intend to pass this knowledge on to others who may benefit from some of these sites and the knowledge I gained from them. I think the reason I learned so much from this blog is because I was new to all of the websites that we used in each post. Not one of the websites were familiar to me, I mean I have heard of a few of them, but never actually started using any of them for my own use until I started this blog. If you go down to Thing 11 and check out my wordle for this blog you will see just what stands out the most from this blog, in general. I think the wordle does a great job of showing what I take out of this class the most. The biggest thing this blog did for me is the knowledge I gained; knowledge from websites to knowledge of writing styles, I have learned so much!
I think this sums up just how helpful this class and this blog was overall:

Wordle: class knowledge
Looking back over my blog, my favorite post is the mashup I created. I am a lover of beaches so I found this project to be the most fun out of all of the other websites (with the wordle being a close second). I really had fun with my mashup, got some of my favorite beach pictures, a few of my favorite things about beaches, used all bright “beachy” colors, and included a great beach sound (waves with seagulls). This post, by far, is my favorite over all the others.


I discovered lots of things that could be useful for my day-to-day activities. For instance, the thesaurus website could become so useful for when writing papers, way more useful than my Microsoft word thesaurus. The other thing that I found to be very useful is the wiki sharing information. I think I will attempt to use this when trying to share information with my bridesmaids, in the future, for planning of the wedding. I also want to continue to use bubble.us in order to get ideas for writing, it is very helpful for having ideas for what to write about for my wedding blog and so I will continue to use it for other things as well. I am excited to see how I can use all or some of these websites in my professional life after Coe. I hope I can really WOW an employer with my knowledge of these websites and maybe be able to use them creatively in my future job/career.


The best part of this class/blog is the fact that it is largely based on “self-discovering” and we don’t have STRICT due dates for all of the writings. Especially when it comes to the blog, it was very helpful. I could come and go as I wanted and work on it at my own pace which helped me to get the most knowledge out of the project because I was going at my speed. I think, when it comes to writing, it should be based on our own personal due dates because our work could be a lot better that way.

1 comment:

  1. Good job with this blog, Stefanie. It was fun to read—you’re an enthusiastic adventurer in the world of Web 2.0.

    I’m glad that this exercise introduced you to some new, useful tools on the web. Now you’ve got a bit of web-savvy to show off. Keep on learning—there will always be new tools to try out!

    ReplyDelete