Friday, March 9, 2012

Thing 9: Reader

Yet again...another site that I had no idea about and I will admit I was a little skeptical of it when i first read about it...but I set it up anyways and learned all about it. I figured I was going to have to play around with it for a while to really get the feel of how it works, but I was wrong. It was really, quite simple. All you do is click one button to subscribe to different websites/blogs of interest and TA-DA! the websites appear in the newsfeed.

Even though I created my reader very easily and had no problems with it, I still wasn't sure if I actually will get any use out of it. I mean, I don't think it's that inconvenient to just type in the separate websites I like to visit on a regular basis. When I really think about it though, this application might be useful for keeping up with people's websites that I don't get to visit on a daily basis because either I just set it aside and say, "Oh, I'll visit it tomorrow." But tomorrow comes and I still don't visit the website. For instance, my sister's editorial page with the Monticello Express, I always have the intent to read her weely editorials, but I don't stick to it! By adding the Monticello Express website to google reader, I will have it at the click of a button, and I will no longer be able to ignore it, it will be right in front of my face! So I think it's pretty helpful for those websites that I often WANT to check out but never really get around to, rather than those websites I visit on a daily basis. Another website, which is actually a photography blog of a young gal who graduated with my sister, is one I often WANT to check but never really get around to it. She has great photography skills AND writing skills and so I added her blogsite to google reader so I will be more apt to peak at it every now and then. This site will be very helpful for those sites I procrastinate in looking at!

No comments:

Post a Comment